Executive Director Job Description
Lexington Community Land Trust (LCLT) is seeking an Executive Director to lead this non-profit community development organization which creates permanently affordable housing through a community-centric model. The Executive Director must be a culturally competent, versatile leadercommitted to LCLT’s mission “Building a community; Creating permanent affordability.” The role will continue to develop organizational strategic direction in conjunction with the Board of Directors, partner with the Davis Park Neighborhood in the redevelopment of their neighborhood, develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the affordable housing sector, and maintain the operational and financial integrity of the organization.
The Executive Director position is a full-time role which reports to the Board of Directors.Competitive compensation package based on role requirements and candidate’s experience.
Interested Applicants must submit a full application consisting of a resume, a letter of interest, a briefresponse to the question “Why are Community Land Trusts needed?” and a list of references. Applications to be submitted via email to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 19, 2020. (Applications may be submitted post-deadline, but consideration is not guaranteed.)
To view a PDF of the Job Description, Click Below.
It is an exciting and pivotal moment for Lexington Community Land Trust. LCLT was created and entrusted to address the social justice components of the Newtown Pike Extension Project. The primary NPE Project role for LCLT is to facilitate the Davis Park Neighborhood Redevelopment Project in partnership with neighborhood residents and project partners. LCLT is nearing completion of Phase I of the redevelopment project and is preparing for Phase II of the project. Phase II will include constructing permanently affordable housing, rebuilding the Davis Park Neighborhood Park, and creating economic development opportunities. Additionally, LCLT is exploring collaborative opportunities to strategically grow the mission and model as an innovative solution to address Lexington’s affordable housing needs.
- Continue to develop and execute a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Foster an effective and collaborative relationship with board members and committees.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization and represent the organization in the community topromote its mission and enhance its community profile.
- Provide visionary, collaborative facilitation community planning and decision making
- Develop an annual operational plan which incorporates strategic goals and objectives.
- Execute and track achievement against operational plans; report on results to board and staff.
- Ensure the operations of the organization are carried out with the highest quality, ethics and integrity.
Staff & Team Development
- Continue to build and develop organizational staff and board capacity in sustainable manner
- Maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment that attracts, keeps, and motivates teammembers. Oversee continued work of building a collaborative, transparent organizational culture.
- Oversee human resources policies, procedures and practices for all personnel
Financial Management & Fundraising
- Oversee all operational and financial reporting activities of the organization.
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget, administer the funds accordingto the approved budget, monitor the monthly cash flow, and provide regular reports to the Boardon the revenues and expenditure of the organization.
- Refine and implement the resource development plan; guide and lead fundraising activities.
- Oversee the submission of grant proposals and prepare progress reports for the Board.
Real Estate Development
- Facilitate Phase II pre-development process, financing, and implementation of Davis Park Neighborhood Redevelopment Project
- Ensure quality, energy efficient, healthy construction of affordable housing units
- Ensure adherence to programmatic commitments and project requirements
- Progressive experience at the executive or management level of an organization.
- Experience in Community Land Trust administration preferred.
- Ability to speak publicly and enthusiastically communicate the mission and purpose of LCLT toneighborhood residents, community stakeholders and collaborative partners.
- Experience in building grassroots community support and consensus among a variety of stakeholders such as Board and committee members, landowners, community leaders, government officials,consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Experience in planning, housing, and community development (knowledge of quality energy-efficient house construction is a plus). Experience in commercial or mixed-use development anddevelopment partnerships is a plus.
- Experience in real estate development and finance, most preferable in a community land trust orother shared-equity environment.
- Experience in marketing, public relations and community education.
- Experience fundraising, writing and managing grants.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or related work experience
LEXINGTON COMMUNITY LAND TRUST AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
The policy and intent of the Lexington CLT is to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, affectional orientation or gender identity, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age.
Building a Community, Creating Permanent Affordability